Mark E. Baker
Mark is the Vice President of Cool Insuring Agency’s Employee Benefits Division and an Officer of the company. He joined Cool Insuring in 2004 as a key Account Executive, was promoted to Assistant Vice President in 2010 and Vice President in 2011. He has over 20 years experience in the health insurance industry including Vice President of Sales for MVP for the Capital Region, Vermont and National Sales Market. Mark’s responsibilities include the management of Cool’s Employee Benefit Division as well as maintaining and providing service to key accounts. Mark’s areas of expertise include the Affordable Care Act and healthcare reform, benefits strategy and creating self-insured programs.
Mark was instrumental in helping develop the New York State Health Exchange as a committee member of one of the 5 regional committees established for this endeavor. He was one of only 3 brokers asked to serve on this committee.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Siena College
- Licensed NYS Life, Accident and Health Agent
- Past member of the Rensselaer Counter Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Past Board Chair of the Rensselaer County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Serves on advisor panels for CDPHP, MVP, Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Northeastern New York