Cool Insuring Agency knows there is much to learn about the COVID-19 Pandemic and your responsibilities as an employer. We created this page to help our client partners and others navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic by providing links to information about new laws and regulations, best practices, industry-specific information and much more. For more on these topics or if you have questions please contact your Cool Insuring Account Executive.
- Employee Retention Tax Credits
- In the Know: CARES Act – Small Business Loan Overview
Among other provisions, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides businesses suffering under the debilitating effects of the coronavirus pandemic with unprecedented access to emergency loans. This document will serve as an overview of the loan programs available.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loans
This document serves as an overview of the Small Business Administration’s resources that provide small businesses with working capital loans that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
- Small Business Loans for COVID
- CARES Act
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits Under the CARES Act
- CARES Act Expands Qualifying Medical Expenses
This Know Your Benefits article explains how the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) repeals the Medicine Cabinet Tax provision of the Affordable Care Act, expanding the list of qualifying expenses that can be purchased with health savings accounts (HSAs), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs) and flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
- CARES Act Expands Health Coverage Rules
On March 27, 2020, the U.S. Congress enacted the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) to provide $2.2 trillion in federal funding to address the coronavirus crisis. The new law also includes several provisions affecting health plan coverage. This Legal Update summarizes the CARES Act’s coverage changes.
- Health Insurance Carrier Information
Property and Casualty
Health and Wellness
- Hand Hygiene: Stay Healthy
This Live Well, Work Well flyer discusses the importance of practicing proper hand hygiene, including handwashing technique and the use of hand sanitizers.
- Hand Hygiene Poster
Inform employees about how easy it is to prevent the spread of illnesses like the flu or the cold by washing their hands.
- Wash Your Hands – Poster
This 11-by-17-inch poster from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides information about proper hand-washing.
- Keep Calm and Wash Your Hands – Poster
This poster from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reminds individuals to wash their hands to prevent the spread of germs.
- Hand-washing Steps Poster
This poster from the CDC explains the proper steps for washing your hands.
- Notice–Wash Hands Before Returning to Work
A reminder to employees to wash their hands before returning to work.
- Drive-through Testing in NYS
Articles / Press Room
Family First Coronavirus Relief Act (FFCRA)
- Department of Labor Issues Temporary Regulations on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Poster: Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave & Expanded Family & Medical Leave Under the FFCRA
This DOL poster describes employees’ paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave rights under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- FFCRA Small Employer Exemption: DOL Guidance
This Compliance Bulletin provides a general summary of guidance issued by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) on how an employer may qualify for the small employer exemption from the requirements to provide leave for child care-related purposes under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- IRS FAQs: FFCRA Tax Credits for Small and Midsize Businesses
The FFCRA provides workers with paid leave for reasons related to COVID-19. The FFCRA covers the costs of this paid leave by providing small businesses with refundable tax credits. Certain self-employed individuals in similar circumstances are entitled to similar credits. This Compliance Bulletin provides the FAQs issued by the IRS on how the FFCRA tax credits apply.
- Definition of Who Is A Health Care Provider